- Removed D-17 Phantom Power path. Going forward the choices for this one and only Low Drive are: place this Diode at the starter relay, leave it out all together and let the FET run 'naked', or assure that the remote starter relay AND the controller will always have (and more important not have) power to them at the same time.
- Adjustment to Stator RPM sampling hardware: Am going to remove the voltage divider, this will help someone on stability. The Series capacitor will also be removed, seeing as I am IRQing on the Rising Edge it does not help with its falling edge acceleration function.. And will add in an appropriate filter cap to form an RC trying to cut down some on higher frequency noise.
- Will bypass fault-checking the engine RPMs during Alternator RAMPing phase. I noted form the run data it takes time for the alternator RPMs to stabilize The hardware change above should help, but even so when the PWMs are very low I suspect getting a good lock on the stator with just the Amtels input ckts will be difficult.
- Added calibration factor for the Amps shunt, mine was under reporting by 7-11%
- And fine tune several of the throttle control timing values - As the design has no throttle position feedback (it uses measured RPMs to close the loop) this is to be expected. I would think these will need to be customized for each engine / throttle actuator combination.
Will see how today's runs work. And on the overall stator derived RPMs, if these do not settle down more early on i am going to remove the RPM sensing method option of determined if the engine has started. Watching the Starter AMPs draw is working spot on for this, so if the RPMs are unstable it goes.
And on my generator- I need to tighten down the throttle cable clamp a bit more, using a wrench as opposed to a screw driver. The data looked like the throttle cable was slipping and when I inspected it sure enough, about 1/4" had slipped out. Glad I did not have to chase down that programming bug around throttle management during alternator ramping and bulk charge phase!