Saturday, March 31, 2018

1st artical of revised controller finished proofing!

It has been a while for any BLOG updates, but during that time progress has been happening.  Today I finished hardware verification of the revised PCB design, including the migration to the STM32F07 CPU.  Software porting has been going smoothly, once I did the homework around the development environment  (STM CubeMX + Keil uVision). 

This coming week I am going to be revising the PCB layout ready for another round of FAB, and will post up the schematic at that time.  Firmware is still under development, but largely ported.  Mostly I need to finish the throttle control, augment thee ASCII status strings and commands to allow for configuration options around the engine, as well as work to place the controller into a low-power state when the DC generator is not operating.

One challenge will be how to have them assembled (I will NOT be hand-soldering them up for folks, though could make the PCB available for anyone who wishes to do so themselves!)  At min, really need 10x to make a viable assembly run.  There are a few folks ready interested in this, if you have an interest drop me a line and I can add you to a mailing thread we have going.

Remote:  I do have a 1st articular of the remote assembled, but have not done any work with it.  I am focusing on the controller 1st, will look at the remote later.  (Will require use of local on/off switches for now).


1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Glenn, I have a 42ft steel gaff schooner. I have recently pulled the generator head off of my nextgen with the Kubota ea300 already marinized. I have fabbed up a bracket for my watermaker pump and am ordering a leece neeson large frame alternator. I started my project and then stumbled on your blog. I have a few questions and I'm also interested in a pcb and schematic so I can solder up a controller. Could you please contact me at nzgtrahan@gmail.com thanks.

    ReplyDelete